This easy & healthy twist on an old family favorite of ours is delish and always a hit! I love to use as many fresh and organic ingredients as possible, but I know that not everyone can make it work. You can make this one fit your personal taste, depending on what veggies you like/dislike too.
Try it tonight and let me know how it goes… Jerk Veggie Soup is a perfect treat for these cold winter months. I’ve even paired this soup with a turkey sandwich as a light summer lunch. If you make it, make sure to tweet me and Feel Rich a pic!
I hope your family will love it as much as we do!
Make sure to tweet me & Feel Rich if you make it!!! @Cryswallbaby & @FeelRich
2 -3 Tomatoes
1 clove of fresh garlic
2 green bell peppers
2 yellow squash
1 can drained corn
2 cups green beans
1 habanero or serrano pepper (optional)
1 can black beans (optional)
2 tablespoons smoked olive oil or butter
2 large cans or cartons organic low sodium chicken broth (organic if you can find it, but LOW SODIUM for sure!)
1 tsp. scoop Boston jerk sauce
Worcestershire sauce (low sodium, again)
1. Drizzle Smoked Olive oil (our favorite olive oil) or butter in pan and sautée freshly minced garlic.
2. Rinse and chop veggies, then combine everything in a soup pot on med/high temp.
3. Season with a dash or 2 of Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
4. Add 1 tsp scoop of Boston jerk sauce (2 tsp if you’re a heat-freak), sprinkle a few drops of Worcestershire sauce, then pour chicken broth over veggies until they are completely covered. Stir
5. Cover and stir occasionally. Let simmer for 30 minutes, or until your tomatoes have pureed and your potatoes are soft. They will have absorbed all of the flavors of the soup and be super tasty.
To remix the JVS you can add chicken or serve over a bed of brown or white rice!