There are so many different diets, it’s funny how one hasn’t just leaped up to the forefront and taken over as THE way to lose weight. Although many of these diets do work, the truth is, they are actually bad for you. Here are some reasons why:
- They are impossible to sustain: Diet plans that make you eat tons of grapefruit, popcorn, berries, or all meat start off as a novelty. You might even enjoy the change for a while. Sooner rather than later, you tire of the monotony of eating the same random item over and over again! Before starting one of these diets, ask yourself, “Can I eat like this for the next 10 years? Or 5 years? Or even one full year?” Replace a meal with a shake and give it a month or two. You won’t be happy!
- The same goes with meal delivery plans. There will come a day, or week or month where you don’t have access to those meals. Now what are you going to do? I’ll tell you…you’re going to eat whatever you can get your hands on.
- There is another diet that purports to have the best healthy weight loss tips for women and they suggest girls should eat no sugar. Ever. How is THAT going to work out? Plus, how can you watch your family eat homemade cheeseburgers and butter-laden corn on the cob while you gnaw on your celery stick? Eventually you are going to fail.
- They are loaded with junk science: When you have a diet plan that says they follow quick healthy weight loss tips based on science, they are really saying, “Following this diet will help you lose weight, but since you’re eating like a freak of nature, there’s no way you’re going to be able to stick to it!” This is why the junk science with these supposedly healthy diets are bad, if not downright dangerous. Yo-yoing your body weight is not good for you, and that’s exactly what happens when you eat like an creature from another planet—then go back to your old ways.
- They damage you psychologically: Because they are so difficult to sustain, you will most likely fail and fall right back into your old eating habits, which are obviously bad due to your current weight problems. So many people try a diet, fail, then start another. Guess what? They go back to eating their favorite foods anyway. So will you.
We need to get off the psycho-food rollercoaster and simply learn how to eat all the foods we love, but simply eat less. You need to be on an eating plan that follows healthy weight loss tips but does so in a way that you can balance in your everyday life and with your everyday budget.
One of the best tips for healthy weight loss I want to share with you is this: Being able to indulge periodically is a good thing. Besides, there will come a time (probably some time this week…maybe even tomorrow!) when you’ve got bad food thrust upon you at a social function, at work, or even at home.
The magic formula is to reduce your calorie intake without denying yourself the good yummy stuff. As you know, if you burn more calories than you eat, you will lose weight. It doesn’t matter if you are eating lettuce or linguine, a negative calorie ratio will cause you to lose weight!
Read more from Jim Loram at http://halfmealhabit.com